Kart Kids instead of Grid Girls
Can I bring this back?
Formula 1 Championship 2015 // Sebastian Vettel & Kimi Raikkonen // Ferrari
2017′s Top Athletes
For a community based on competition, the sports community on Tumblr is incredibly supportive and kind.
12. William Nylander
13. Mitch Marner
14. Tom Daley
15. Alex Morgan −8
16. Kelley O’Hara −3
17. Shoma Uno
18. Tessa and Scott
19. André Burakovsky
20. Conor McGregor
21. Paulo Dybala
22. Sergio Ramos
23. Antoine Griezmann −5
24. Daniel Ricciardo
25. Sebastian Vettel
26. Morgan Rielly
27. Erik Durm
28. Lionel Messi −20
29. Marco Asensio
30. Fernando Torres
The number in italics indicates how many spots a name moved up or down from the previous year. Bolded names weren’t on the list last year.
Daniel & Sebastian are on Tumblr’s 2017′s Top 30 Athletes list!!! 🤗
- The colourful team liveries we had this year. Such a big improvement on last year.
- Liberty lifting the rules on posting video from the pitlane, meaning that winter testing was full of excitable F1 team twitters posting video of their cars driving out of the garages.
- Fernando’s team radio having approximately zero chill at all points.
- Angry Toto
- Shocked Valtteri
- Kimi wandering into the desert in Bahrain
- Valtteri’s first win in Russia
- “The engine feels good. Much slower than before. Amazing.”
- Thomas, the small Kimi fan in Spain
- “Give us more details!” “He went on the inside, he could have taken us both out -” “YEAH YEAH, UNDERSTOOD. CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! PLEASE CALM DOWN!”
- Kimi’s pole in Monaco
- “I’M GONNA PEE IN YOUR SEAT!”
- Technically not F1, but Fernando doing Indycar
- The Raft Race in Canada.
- Patrick Stewart doing a shoey on the podium.
- The entirety of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, because that was an utterly weird race.
- The Force India and Ferrari mechanics being able to resurrect two broken cars during the red flag period.
- “Steering wheel. Gloves and steering
wheel, yeah. Gim… Steering wheel. Hey… HEY… Steering wheel, somebody tell him
to give it to me. COME ON! MOVE!”
- Valtteri not just running away from Daniel when he tried to make him do a shoey, but actually knocking the shoey away as he fled.
- F1 London Live
- “Minimal talking.”
- Kimi and Valtteri waiting in the press conference room for Lewis to finish celebrating, clearly bored out of their minds.
- “If he cannot see behind him then he should stick to the reporting thing.”
- “SUCK MY BALLS, HONEY.”
- Fernando embracing the meme and sitting in a deckchair to celebrate the summer break.
- Jenson leaping to Fernando’s defense on twitter when Martin Brundle criticised him for sitting in said deckchair.
- All the love shown by F1 fans to Robert at his test in Hungary.
- The introduction of “Incident noted”,
just because it makes the FIA sound like tired parents who can’t be arsed
dealing with this particular argument right now.
- Mick driving Michael’s Benetton at Spa.
- Every single time the Force India drivers tried to fight each other.
- Related: Otmar sounding just so fed up with his two drivers, and clearly weighing up whether to laugh at them or punch them.
- The rain delay for qualifying in Italy, which featured Valtteri and Lewis learning the meaning of friendship by playing video games together, Feliphino playing football in the pitlane, and everyone being pleasantly surprised when qualifying actually resumed.
- Fernando getting into a very short-lived feud with Jolyon Palmer, which led to him screaming about karma on the team radio.
- Someone managing to throw Lewis’ phone up to him on the podium in Monza. What a shot.
- “What we tweeted was a factual version of events. There is no need to speculate on this.”
- Carlos’ extremely excited team radio after finishing P4 in Singapore.
Pascal and Sebastian riding together because of
a bond forged by chicken nuggets.
- The driver briefing videos, which were hilarious and dramatic.
- Special mention to Sergio’s ‘betrayed’ face in the Malaysian GP’s Driver’s Briefing.
- Daniel Ricciardo stealing Lewis’ phone and taking selfies of himself on the podium in Japan.
- Usain Bolt screaming in fear as Lewis drove him around COTA
- The Driver Introductions in America
- America’s podium drama.
- Usain Bolt towering over all the drivers on the podium.
- Bill Clinton being a guest of Sauber, and Kimi accidentally photobombing a photo of Lewis and Bill Clinton
- Force India getting P4 in the constructor’s championship, which is
honestly an amazing achievement for a team with such a small budget
- The rotating DJ podium in Mexico, and Kimi deciding to continue chugging alcohol as a rave started directly behind him.
- The Toro Rosso-Renault bitchfest in Brazil
- Someone texting Ted Kravitz the word ‘cock’ as he was showing his phone on live TV
- All of Felipe’s final race in Brazil, from his great fight to Fernando to take P6, how much the Brazilian fans loved him, and Feliphino’s radio message to him.
- Felipe’s Farewell Doughnuts