- Kimi is dyslexic
- He listens to audio books sometimes
- He once slept in a drying cabinet after he’d got wet pretending he was a ski jumper
- He was found sleeping naked in some unknown actor guy’s bed the morning of his first media appearance as a Ferrari driver
- His friend says he’s shit at driving in traffic but he gives off a calm vibe anyway
- He thought Nico R saying he wanted to spend more time with his family when he retired was cool
- Then he got confused bc Nico is still hanging around the paddock after he said that
- He wants to design a normal road car
- He says retiring won’t be hard for him when the day comes
- He never answers his phone so now even his friends won’t call him
- He once hid from the military police by crawling in a ditch bc he was drunk
- The prince of Bahrain arranged a search for a guy who pushed Kimi into a pool in 2012 and ruined his phone
- The guy was the prince’s son’s friend and the prince kicked them both out and apologised to Kimi by flying him home in a private jet
– He pees on his lawn
– He might want to do something marketing related after he retires
– He also pees in his cars sometimes during qualifying because waiting in the car for one hour is apparently too long
– He once tried to go after his bag in the airport scanner thing in Singapore to get pictures of his body and they threatened him with ankle shackles and interrogations
There’s so much more, the book is worth every penny!
– If Kimi likes a bar, he wants to stay there for a long time. Fifteen hours isn’t unusual.
– The moment Kimi got his driver’s license he dropped out of car mechanic school, packed his Lada and moved to Holland to do karting.
– He drove cars long before getting that license, one time practically destroying the tires of a rental car in Italy because he wanted to drift with it in a roundabout.
– The story about avoiding the military police is actually even better than that: he was drunk and late so he couldn’t use the main entrance, instead choosing to climb over the fence. He and his buddy were seen before they went over, Kimi hid in a ditch while his friend was caught there. Kimi climbed over the fence while the military police was searching for him with dogs and crawled his way back to his barrack, planning to hide there until morning. Unfortunately his mate had told theirs superiors about him so Kimi was caught hiding in his bed muddy and covered in twigs and leaves, also drunk. When his superiors questioned him about how the fuck he got past the dogs he answered: “That’s what you teach us here, we are scouts.” He got confined to barracks for about 20 days which was the new unofficial record.
– Kimi has asthma
– He wants to get a dog after he retires
– Kimi and his buddies found powder used for treating rashes onboard a rental plane. They march through the customs covered in white powder. When asked where they’re coming from, Kimi said: “Colombia”
– 2006, Kimi and his buddies want to go cheer for the Finnish national hockey team in the winter Olympics. McLaren borrows them a Mercedes-Benz minivan that isn’t out yet or hasn’t been presented anywhere. On their way to Torino Toni Vilander gets motion sick and throws up on the bonnet. On the way back to Switzerland Kimi feels like the middle console is in his way, rips it off and throws out full speed. Next resting spot the group starts rearranging the letters on the rear end of the car, changing the name. They hide inside when Mercedes’ people come to pick up the car.
- He and Jenni (his ex-wife) both cheated on each other
- When he and Minttu were getting serious he promised her to be a good boyfriend: no cheating and no lying
- Kimi decided to take the risk and invite Minttu over without other ppl bc he had been thinking about her for a month non-stop
- When Robin was born he was a nervous wreck thinking what if something goes wrong, am I going to be any good at this, do I dare to touch him, I’m too scared to try to put clothes on him bc he’s going to break
- First he hoped Robin would sleep, then when Robin did he kept watch to make sure Robin was breathing and that he didn’t roll onto his tummy and suffocate
- Leaving the kids for races is horrible and sickeningly harrowing, especially when Robin is hanging onto his leg til the last minute bc he doesn’t want Kimi to go
- It’s amazing to come home after a week or two to see how much the kids have grown and learned in such a short time
- Kimi and his dad had an unresolved fight over his dad’s drinking before his dad died in 2010
- Rallying helped him process his dad’s death, otherwise he thinks he would have just ended up drinking way too much as well
- In the press conference he was asked what kind of a dad he wants to be and his answer was: “Good and beloved”
- He won’t really care if Robin decides he wants to be an F1 driver but he’ll leave tagging along to the paddock to Minttu
I CAN’T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO ADD ONE OF THE CUTEST BITS:
- According to the other new Ferrari boss Louis Camilleri who was invited to their wedding (👀), Kimi gave Minttu a spontaneous 10-minute speech and it was “one of the most beautiful speeches he has ever heard”
- He also says Kimi treats everyone the same whether they’re a CEO or a cleaner, and that while there’s a lot of arrogance in F1, there’s none to be found in Kimi
@itsarobothead-blog even more cute Kimi
THIS IS PURE GOLD!!!